Beginners Curling League Is Back !!!!
When: Mondays, November 5 - November 26, 2018
Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
· Cost: You must be a Waltham Curling Club member to participate. You may become a Social member for $50. Should you decide that you then want to participate in our regular leagues starting in December, you can pay an additional $100 to become a Full member.
· Deadline: You must register by October 25. To register click on Events -> Event Registrations Register early as we may limit participation in this league.
League Format: Our intent is to assign you to a team with an experienced skip. You will have the opportunity to play recreational games while working on your skills, learning proper curling etiquette, and experiencing the fun of league curling. The precise league format will be determined based on the number of participants and member volunteers. The league is intended to be low key yet instructional so that you'll feel confident to join our regular leagues.
Expectations: You will also learn what is expected of "league" curlers. This includes -
- Showing up each week - or notifying your skip or league director - in advance - if you will be absent.
- Arriving early and being ready to take the ice on time.
- Pace-of-Play - learn to be ready to throw when it's your turn and keep the game moving. All games should complete in 2 hours or less.
- Help clean the ice at the conclusion of your game.
- You must have previously attended an Open House, PIC group, or other on-ice instruction. If you would like to participate but have NEVER curled before, please let us know in your registration and we will work with you to get some instruction prior to the league start.
- This league is intended for those people who have a genuine interest in participating in Waltham curling leagues but who want more on-ice experience before participating in our regular leagues.
Note: we may offer a short "instructional" period each night starting at 6:30 pm. This will allow you a short time to work on balance, delivery, aim, sweeping or other facets of the game.